It is important to note that we do not double dip wax sticks. Below are a few tips, guidelines and things to know before coming in for any of our waxing services.
Things to know:
- We cannot wax your eyebrow or face if you have been using Retin-A or antibiotic cream.
- We are unable to wax you if you have been on accutane, Retin-A or a strong dosage of antibiotic medication for last six months.
- Please let us know of any medical conditions or allergies
- Itchiness and burning sensation after waxing is a sign of sensitive skin or an allergic reaction. We recommend 1% Hydrocortisone cream to treat area.
- We cannot if we see skin irritations, if you are allergy prone to waxing, or if area to be waxed is unclean.
- We do not do Bikini or Brazilian waxing on men.
- Time frame in between waxing is every 4 to 6 weeks. Hair starts to grow back in 2 to 3 weeks after waxing.
- The more regularly you wax, the easier it gets. It is not advisable to shave in between waxing, it makes hair coarser and skin more sensitive.
How to prepare before waxing procedure:
- Hair should be at least ½ inch long.
- You must wait at least 3 weeks after shaving to wax.
- Please make sure to clean front and back (crack) area before Brazilian waxing procedure.
- Do not cut hair.
- No tanning at least a week before and a week after procedure
- Pain reliever (30 minutes prior) is recommended for those who are sensitive.
- We suggest not getting waxed 3 days before or after of your menstrual cycle. Your skin is very sensitive during this time due to enlarged blood vessels.
- Some people have slight bleeding from the hair follicle after getting waxed which is completely normal and minor.
- If your skin is dry and sensitive, apply oil to your skin 30 minutes prior to your bikini or Brazilian waxing procedure. This will make the wax adhere to the hair and not the skin.
- Do not drink alcohol prior to waxing as it makes the skin more sensitive.
Note: If you have been shaving and decide to wax, expect hair breakage during waxing. To get optimal results you must discontinue shaving and depilatories all together. It takes a series of waxing to normalize the hair growth and texture (no breakage and thinning) if you have a history of shaving or using depilatories. Also, your skin may be more sensitive to waxing if you have history of shaving, as the skin becomes tender from exfoliating regularly.